R600k – R900k p/a excl. share options
Are you ready to excel your career with the world’s 3rd largest platinum operation? Are you able to understand the full business value chain, processes and requirements – applying this knowledge to systems design and development? Take note of this role which applies the full systems lifecycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting application software in the MES and MRM space that is delivered on time and within budget.
Experience & Skills:
- You’ll need at least 3 years’ experience in an operational management systems environment, preferably within the mining industry,
- Advanced Software Development skills (C#, SQL Scripting, WPF, WCF), experience in the implementation of information management systems and processes, good report-writing skills, analytical thinking and a detailed and accurate approach will see you succeed.
- Don’t forget in-depth knowledge of applicable technology, standards and techniques (and the ability to apply this), working knowledge of relational and real-time databases and in-depth knowledge of software development and scripting also important.
The role furthermore requires:
- In-depth knowledge of database administration and formal design methodologies, a good understanding of the mining or manufacturing environment and experience in formulating and entrenching technology (design and development) standards.
- Exposure to the full software development lifecycle will be of benefit.
- NQF 6 qualification in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering or Computer Sciences (or equivalent work experience).
- Conduct or participate in safety audits
- Adhere to and apply SHE/emergency requirements and standards.
- Understand the critical aspects of the clients’ business and production processes.
- Pursue and win the user acceptance of the requirements, scope and agreed timescales and other deliverables.
- Translate requirements into conceptual software and data models.
- Map requirements to existing models/components/products/patterns, where applicable.
- Define interfaces and interactions between internal packages and external systems.
- Actively communicate with other teams/Technical Council to discuss or verify existence of any new or “in-the pipeline” common designs l Identify common functionality inherent to the system, with intent to re-use l Adhere to the chosen development/configuration standards and best practices.
- Be responsible for software security and system SQA and testing.
- Perform System Data Migration.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing.
- Undertake ERP Integration (SAP).
- Stand by to support and monitor the system and the users at “go live”.
To apply for this position, e-mail your CV to email@example.com with MES APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT ANALYST in the subject line. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.